Background

Monday, July 5, 2010

Realization

So Brad and I have been dating for over a week now as an official couple. And its been one month since our first date. This last weekend he went up to a family cabin for a big reunion type deal. I didn't think I would miss him as much as I did. Everyday was almost a painful reminder he wasn't home. But the happiest parts of my day were the sporadic texts I would get when he would find cell phone reception. Saturday night after fireworks were over, I got a message from him and automatically my countenance lit up. It was a simple message but meant a lot. However the next message in response to mine has made me smile and giggle. It said, "Just two more sleeps and then I'll be home to sweep you off your feet all over again." it was just like a little kid asking how many more sleeps until Christmas. It is by far my favorite message from him.
Anyway so I have now almost met his entire family. Last week I met his moms side of the family who are relatively quiet and reserved but still fun to be around. However last night I met the Watts side and boy was it like a party we have when we all get together. There were at least 50 people in attendance. Loud and noisy with little kids running around and screaming. ;D His aunts are by far my favorite on that side. One reminded me off my aunt Stephanie. Tall slender stylish and in behavior... very similar. It was fun. The best part was that they didn't hold back in making sure I knew who they were or that they weren't knowledgeable as to who i was. Apparently I was a hot subject to talk about over the weekend. It was so much fun getting to know them. Brad's grandpa though.... he is a tough cookie. I was warned that he was very personable and straight forward honest. I took the meeting as a challenge and was surprised that he was so easy to talk too. I also found out that he knew my Great Grandpa Weight. So at least in that respect I have an in to talk to him and get to know him. So after all of this getting to know you stuff with families I am beginning to feel like I'm apart of it.( His family and extended family.) Its a good feeling, and to top it off... well lets just say that I don't think this relationship is in a hurry to end. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment