Background

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Amazing Week!

This week has been amaizng. I have really been working on asking inspired questions while street contacting. Its been amazing to see the responses from people. They feel the spirit more quickly and it seems to weed them out faster. You know the people who are truly interested and those who aren't. We went on exchanges this week and it was amazing! I was able to work with a sister that I have always wanted to work with. Her name is Sister Walgren. She is a power house and I really learned alot from her.
We also had a ward blitz on Saturday. I was able to take the Relief Society President out with me. We ended up talking to a lot of spanish people which was great because she spoke spanish. I couldn't understand a lick of it but the spirit was strong and I know she had a wonderful experience. Now hopefully she can pump up the other sisters in the ward.
 I didn't get transferred! Hooray! This is the first transfer since May that I haven't had something to do with or for. Its great! a little weird but good. I am so excited that I get to finish Sister Bray's training. She is so wonderful and I am excited to see how she continues to progress as a missionary. 
We gained 2 new investigators this week which were pure miracles. One has 2 little children (we found her on exchanges) and the other is a 13 year old boy (he has come to church since he was little). I am so excited about these investigators. Its going to be a great experience! Last night we taught one of them and it was so powerful! I am confident he will be baptized in the next coming months.

Highlights:
There were several times this week where we had older men flirting with us. It was always funny because the companion they were flirting with never figured it out until the other companion told them. We also had a drunk kid flirting with us. Apparently he joined the church when he was 14 but wont come to church because he cant get his family to come with him. I partially believe him. I am sure there is some truth to what he said. Sister Bray told me that when people get drunk they always discover they have a tongue. They always have it sticking out just a little bit and that is exactly how this kid was! 
I saw a semi truck trailer that hauls cars with the title "Cottrell inc." on the side. I was super excited! 
I met a direct descendant of David Whitmer on the street! We walked up to him introduced ourselves and he said, "Oh yeah Im a member. Can I see your book? He opened right up to the testimony of the 3 witnesses and said you see that guy? Thats my great grandpa!"
I got a spider bite on my leg that swelled to the size of a couple quarters. I think it came when we met with a potential outside sitting on his lawn furniture. (its healing now hahaha) 

Last week we had a ZTM where we talked about casting our nets away. We wrote down our nets and literally threw them in the trash. I didn't think much about it but the Lord did, I have discovered. I can't tell you how much the Lord has helped me stay away from the nets. One of them was fear. Not your every day "Am I going to be safe today?" fear but the fear of talking to strangers and making mistakes. I have felt more bold and more passionate about the work this week than at any other time in my mission. I am trying as hard as I can to take one day at a time and to control the things that I can control. It doesn't do me any good to focus on anything bigger. It stresses me out. I have also seen a lot of growth in myself this week. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. Up to this point I haven't really felt like I have changed but there are little things that have popped up that I know are different about me.
Well I cant think of anything more. I love you so much! Its gonna be another great week! Hurrah for Israel!
Love,
Sister Cottrell


No comments:

Post a Comment